The way web apps have evolved is truly amazing. Thanks to the big strides in the web app development process, businesses are not insisting on downloading their mobile apps so that their customers get an amazing user experience.
Businesses have leveraged new technologies and improved resources to make their web apps more powerful. Now their customers can easily perform a multitude of tasks through these apps without any problem. As the advantages of web apps have improved over time, the market for web app development has also increased significantly.
Top stats related to web apps
Here are some important stats related to web apps that would give you the big picture about their design trends, the companies in which it is used, and others.
Stats related to web app design
The stats released by Statista shows the importance of web app design in engaging the attention of the user.
- It has been observed that nearly 38% of the visitors stop using the web app if they find the design to be unattractive and non-engaging.
- Nearly 48% of people have agreed that if the design of a web app is highly polished and it is well laid out, then it increases the credibility of the business.
- Nearly 47% of the users want their web app to take a maximum of two seconds to load.
- Almost 59% of the users prefer to spend their time on a web app that is not only well designed but also has interesting content to hold their interest.
- It has also been found that more than 64% of the people who use web apps and websites trust those companies that provide their proper contact details.
- More than 90% of the users access a website using multiple devices with different screen sizes.
Trends related to mobile and speed
- If you have a web app, then you will have only 10 seconds to impress the visitors.
- A visitor will take a maximum of five seconds to figure out whether they want to stay or leave the app.
- Nearly 92% of the small businesses have found that their web apps have become completely mobile-free in 2019.
- More than 94% of people rate websites based on their mobile-friendliness criteria.
Statistics of dating Web app usage
Here are some top statistics related to the usage of dating Web apps.
- As per the report published by Statista around 6% of adults in the United States acknowledged that they were using a dating website or web app.
- More than 73% of adults in the United States confirmed that they have never used a dating website or web app before.
- More than 14% of people in the age range of 18 to 34 years stated that they are using a dating website or web app. This number in the age group of 35 to 54 years drops to 9%.
If you want to know about the vulnerability of web apps, then you can look at the stats related to it.
- Approximately 82% of all the issues related to vulnerability were found in the application code itself.
- If you compare the vulnerability of the web app in 2021 compared to 2018, then you will find that this number was reduced by 30%. Furthermore, for every 22 web apps which were launched, 4 were found to be highly risky.
- The data relating to 2019 shows that 1 out of 5 were highly vulnerable.
- The number of high-risk web applications due to their vulnerable code was reduced by 17% if you compare it with last year’s figures.
- The number of high-risk vulnerabilities has also dropped and if you go through previous five-year records, it would show a significant improvement in the overall security of web apps.
Here are some other important statistics related to web apps.
- Nearly 43% of the companies that hire web app developers have more than 10,000 employees. And the next 35% of the companies that have web app developers in their team have around 1000 to 10000 employees.
- If we break down the type of companies in which there is a great demand for web app developers, then it would be 50% in the public sector, 34% in the private sector, 2% in the government departments, and 14% in educational institutions.
- If we look at the industry verticals where there is a big demand for web app developers, then the top spot is occupied by the Fortune 500 companies which have a lion’s share of 21%. The next in line is the technology sector which occupies nearly 18% followed by the education sector where nearly 11% of the web app developers are employed.
The impact of Covid 19 on Web app development
- The report published by Statista reveals that the Covid 19 outbreak has led to a huge decline of 31% in online traffic of the web apps in the fashion industry.
- Figures released by Statista further show that in the travel and tourism sector, the web traffic fell by a huge 79% and this figure for the automobile industry is 60%.
- Compared to other sectors, online pharmacy web apps reported a huge bump in their traffic which is nearly 64% higher compared to the pre-Covid year.
In this article, you have learned about some important web app development stats. This would give you a good idea about web apps. While the Covid 19 crisis has hit the development curve of web apps pretty hard, as the severity of the pandemic slows down, the Web app development process would again reach new heights.
The statistics show you a comprehensive picture of the importance of web apps and how businesses around the world are increasingly using it as part of their customer engagement process. With the new advancement in technology, the importance of web apps is growing by leaps and bounds as they can perform new tasks that would help businesses to maximize their outreach and reach their goals.