7 Ways Automation is Changing the Face of Accounting
Automation technology has been rapidly transforming various industries, and the accounting sector is no exception.…
Hey there fellow sysadmins! It’s that time of year again: Spiceworks SysAdmin Day! That’s right it’s the day of the year when we come together to celebrate the hard work and dedication of all the sysadmins out there. We know it’s not always easy but you make it look like a walk in the park. So let’s take a moment to appreciate all of the behind-the-scenes work that goes into keeping our networks running smoothly.
We could go on and on about all the reasons to celebrate the sysadmin but here are just a few of the highlights:
– They keep our systems up and running with minimal downtime
– They’re always on call ready to troubleshoot any issue that might arise
– They make sure our data is secure and our networks are safe
– They stay up-to-date on the latest technology trends
|July 25th||Spiceworks SysAdmin Day|
|August 12th||SysAdmin Appreciation Day|
So let’s take a moment to give thanks to all the sysadmins out there and show our appreciation for their hard work. And don’t forget to mark your calendar for the upcoming SysAdmin Appreciation Day on August 12th.
It’s almost time for SysAdmin Day which means time to get the ultimate reward for all the hard work that sys admins tirelessly put in – great deals! We know dealing with tech can be a real grind and it’s important to give yourself some props and treat yo’self! Make sure you’re taking advantage of all the incredible special offers that are out there. Here are just a few to take note of:
– Save big on software solutions and applications to help you run your servers seamlessly like cloud storage for backups or Office 365 to make sure all your users are running on the same system.
– Get discounts on the latest tech gadgets that make sys admin work easier like smart-home hubs or automated security cameras.
– Take advantage of free shipping on a wide array of hardware and connectivity solutions from external hard drives and wi-fi systems to phone systems and routers.
– Get yourself a new laptop or desktop and put the money you save toward upgrades and tech accessories.
– Score a sweet deal on cyber security solutions to keep your data safe and secure be it antivirus software malware protection or encryption services.
Don’t forget that the best thing you can do to show yourself some appreciation is to take some time out of your busy schedule to relax and reboot. So don’t forget to take a break and make sure to enjoy your special SysAdmin Day!
System administrators often go unappreciated and unrecognized – toil away diligently squashing bugs and firefighting tech issues all while maintaining robust networks and systems. So it’s no surprise that when System Administrator Day (also known as Sysadmin Day) rolled around in mid-July there was an undeniable surge of excitement in the tech community!
But what should we do in recognition of the unsung heroes in our lives? Well for those looking for the perfect way to honor their system administrators the Spiceworks community has plenty of ideas.
Many celebrated Sysadmin Day with a virtual gifts ranging from boxed sets of super sugary snacks to occasional humorous t-shirts stickers and message cards. Some companies stunned their employees with a day of unlimited coffee ice cream doughnuts pizza pop-rocks and other quirky treats! And of course let’s not forget the more traditional ways to show appreciation including a heartfelt thank-you card and a lovely bouquet of flowers.
The best system administrator gifts often come with a personal touch. Some Spiceworks members went a bit further and threw online (or even in-person) parties engaging tech colleagues in a mix of face-to-face conversations topic-specific roundtables games and quizzes! How cool is this?
At the end of the day Sysadmin Day is all about giving due recognition respect and appreciation to the unsung heroes who keep our networks and systems up and running. Even if you can’t thank your system administrator in person or with a fancy gift there are still plenty of ways – from emails social media shout-outs to follow-up calls – to show your gratitude!
Ah Spiceworks SysAdmin Day- the one day of the year dear to the hearts of techies around the globe. While some may be tempted to bury themselves in hardware and software research and implementation we’re here to remind you that sysadmin day should be a celebration as well!
Here are a few ideas to make sure your sysadmin day gets off on the right foot:
– Wish your fellow IT professionals happy sysadmin day! It’s always nice to lift each other’s spirits with a few warm words.
– Kickstart sysadmin day with a ‘tech-fast’. Take the first few hours of the day off of technology completely. Pick up a book take a walk or simply relax. Your wake-up techwork will be much easier after.
– Break away from the computer and make room for some creative expression. Get out the karaoke machine and belt some show tunes or start a game of mini-golf on your office floor- you get the gist.
– Break the mold from the typical monday mornings and make an effort to do something to make the day more enjoyable for the staff. Treat everyone to breakfast or plan a game around the office for your coworkers to enjoy.
– If all else fails treat yourself to that item you’ve been eyeing in the tech store. Sysadmin day should also be about rewarding yourself for all your hard work afterall.
Remember it’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the job. Take a break and make sure to enjoy yourself- the daily grind will wait!