Blurred text on websites can be irritating. You might not be able to find the information that’s hidden elsewhere. Thankfully, unblurring it would be easy, and you won’t have to download a special tool to get this done either.
This article outlines what you need to do to fix this issue. Keep reading to find out.
How Do You Unblur Text on a Website?
Unblurring text is easy; you can use the built-in Inspect Element. You won’t have to download a special tool, as you’ll just have to right-click your screen to open the browser feature. You will then have to find what you need from the available source code.
Once you’re in the Inspect element, this would not only reveal hidden code, but also make changes to it (if you have good HTML knowledge that is).
Why would the content be hidden in the first place? It could be premium content that you’re meant to pay to access.
We have discussed how you can use Inspect Element to access it below.
How Do You Use the Inspect Element?
First, you will have to open the text or file that you’re interested in. Then, move your cursor over the screen, and right-click the blurred area.
The browser-feature should open up. Here’s what you need to do next:
- Look for the <p>…</p> code that appears on the screen (should be repeated 2-3 times continuously)
- Look for the <div class=”sample-preview-blur”> code that is right under it
- Replace <div class=”sample-preview-blur”> with <div class=”none”>
- Hit enter
Keep repeating the above steps if there are multiple areas that you want to fix.
Are There Alternative Methods to Unblur Text?
If, for some reason, you don’t like the above method, what do you do? You can buy the website’s premium membership. As mentioned, the text you want to access is probably hidden behind a pay-wall.
Depending on the site, the amount you will have to pay would differ.
Can You Reverse the Blur?
Yes, you can. Simply, open Inspect Element and replace <div class=”none”> with this code – <div class=”sample-preview-blur”>.
Is it Legal to Inspect a Website?
It’s not illegal. However, it would be illegal if you inspect just to steal copyrighted content.
How Do You Unblur a Picture?
Let’s discuss how to do this while we’re at it. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to use the above methods.
Download and use one of the many photo editing tools online. Photoshop, GIMP and Pain.NET are some of the best.
Photoshop will be the best out of the three. Just remember that it is not free. It will cost around $10.00 a month if you’re going to spend. Of course, you can snag it on a free trial.
Here’s how you use it:
- Go to the Photoshop website and download the software
- Launch it
- Upload the image to Photoshop elements
- Go to the Filter menu and then click Enhance
- Find and tap on the Unsharp Mask option
- Adjust both the Radius and Amount until you are happy with how sharp the final image is
GIMP is a good choice if you don’t want to pay for Photoshop. Although this can get the job done, it doesn’t have the easiest interface to use.
Here’s how you use it:
- Download Gimp on your computer
- Launch it
- Save the blurry picture and open it on the photo editing program
- Select Sharpen from the Toolbox menu
- Drag the slider on the screen to sharpen your picture as preferred
Paintnet is not as popular as the other two platforms mentioned above. However, it is still a good choice. Once again, you are looking at a software that is free.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Paint.net website and download the tool
- Launch it
- Save and upload the picture that you want to fix
- Click Effects, Picture and then Sharpen
- Move the slider in the Sharpen window as you wish
Is There an App to Improve Picture Quality?
Regardless of whether you’re on iOS or Android, there are several apps that you can use. Photoshop has a free mobile app. It’s a personal favorite, but SnapSeed would also be excellent.
Discussed below is how you can use them.
1. Photoshop Express
PhotoshopExpress is a free mobile app.
Here’s how you can use it to improve picture quality:
- Download the application from the App store
- Upload the image that you want to enhance
- Click the wand icon on the top-right corner
The hue, sharpness, contrast, and other qualities would be improved. Tap the wand again if you want to undo the enhancements.
Snapseed is available on both the Google and Apple stores. Once again, you’re looking at a free tool.
Here’s how you can utilise it:
- Download the application
- Upload the picture that you want to enhance
- Click the Tune Image option on the screen
How Do I Remove a Lock from a Website?
If the website you’re trying to visit is locked, someone may have added it to your browser’s restricted list.
Here’s how you fix this:
- Open your browser
- Click the Tools menu in Settings
- Select Internet Options
- Tap the Security Tab
- Open the Restricted Sites icon
- Tap Sites
Unblurring Text On a Website
If you want to unblur text on a website, you will have to use the Inspect element. You won’t have to download a special tool to do this, however. All you have to do is right-click on the screen, and then go through the code that is hidden.
You won’t get in trouble if you unblur text. However, this may be the case if you are going to reveal copyrighted content just to steal it.
There are many ways to enhance pictures if you need to access information in them, and they are unclear. Most photo editing tools will help you achieve this. Photoshop, Gimp and Paint.NET are some of the best.
Hopefully, these tips helped fix the problem for you.